Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tired and Broken.

Well...It's been a couple of months since my last post. It is absolutely crazy how things change so fast. I was right about a few things. I feel empty with my two besties not being with me every day. I'm so excited for one to get married, but I don't want to share her, even though I know that is selfish. Also, it doesn't help the fact that I most likely won't have a date to her wedding, because I wouldn't take just anyone. that was selfish too...huh?

On that note, I met a WONDERFUL guy. (cue pretty music now) yep. However, for God's reasoning...or his... the timing wasn't right, (Stop music) and I don't know why I thought that a relationship could bloom from a very brief friendship. duh. Those usually don't work out and are called "flings." I don't know anymore, but the Becca I used to know would NEVER have a "fling" and be okay with that. So, there's another wake up call: Base relationships on strong friendships.

ok, I found her. Becca is back. whew.

looking back at previous post (which I feel really silly about now btw)
I can't believe I worried about fitting into that can can skirt, because I have plenty of room...however, I won't be dancing in that skirt for a while. I broke my toe. :( sad summer.

I don't think I could ever sympathize with injured people accurately, until now. ouch. NOW I understand. I also know that a toe is NO BIG DEAL compared to a lot of things, but it's still a pain and it's robbing me of my joy right now.

Pray. I know, that should work things out right? Well, I think God is teaching me so much right now, that He is not healing me as quickly as I would like to on PURPOSE. He is definitely teaching me lessons. Honestly, sitting down and letting people do things for me is a lesson. It brings them joy to be able to help. I learned that in "90 minutes in Heaven" too, but now it's definitely being reinforced.

In other news....
I think I have been a light this summer, but the perfectionist in me is telling me it hasn't been bright enough. so now, I'm trying to kick it up a notch, just not with my right foot. lol?

and once again, my serious post has turned corny. That's definitely been a theme lately. Maybe it's the pain meds. yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment