Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pieces

"Don't break me, I bruise easily.....Please take care of me. This is a message from your heart, your most devoted body part, taking blood and making art." -Kina Grannis

Maybe we aren't supposed to live our lives looking for the missing pieces, maybe we ARE the pieces.

Like a children's puzzle.
God is the foundation, the cardboard backing, that everything fits in.
When God agrees with our decisions, the pieces fit, and they stick.
People will stick in your life if they are meant to be there.
When two pieces fit together so perfectly, let God "glue" them in place.

I have met someone I don't want to lose.
But I pray.
I pray that if he is not supposed to "stick around" that I would not waste time and energy
trying to cram a puzzle piece where it doesn't go,
where it will never fit.
And that I would not I tear other pieces to try to make this ONE fit.
Because the whole puzzle would be ruined.
It would never be whole.

But also...
I pray that since he fits so well right now,
I will not lose this connection.
The complete feeling I get when I am with him.

Faith is completly trusting something you can't see.
I am trying to have faith in this feeling.
Maybe too much.
I'll never know if I don't try.

Life is passing us all by, so quit looking for the pieces and be one.
Glue yourself into the foundation of God, and wait.

Maybe then one will find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment