Saturday, February 20, 2010

Something New

"This could be the start of something new, it feels so right to be here with you. And now, lookin in your eyes, I feel in my heart the start of something new." Gabriella in HSM

Finally some new challenges face me.
I am learning to be more open about my faith to others, and I'm planning on going on my first mission trip this Spring Break, Lord willing.
This is brand new to me.

Yesterday,
I asked God to help me while going through Soularium card training. (an evangalism tool)
At first I was weary to use these cards to reach someone, then I realized that the cards don't do the work for you, they just start conversations.
After some practice and the training was over, God opened a HUGE door.

My friend Megan and I came back to my room, and ran into my Korean roommate.
She asked us where we had been and what we were doing, and that's all it took.
Within minutes we were sitting at my living room table going through the cards and questions.
To make a wonderful, long story short, she didn't know how to pray, so we helped her, and she accepted Jesus Christ last night. PRAISE THE LORD!
I'm so happy that I was able to experience and help with the process. I had a freebie pocket bible in my room that I quickly ran to get and put her name in it, because she didn't have one of her own. She is eager, and that is so encouraging.

God used me.
In a way I was scared of, and new too.
He is preparing me for my trip, and I thank him so much.

I can't wait to spend ETERNITY in Heaven with my roommate Hye Yun.

I titled this post as Something New, because other things in my life are new too.
New interests,
new joy,
new hope,
and a new me.

This is the feeling I have been praying for,
I was in a rut with all of my school work and distractions.

I'm very excited to walk through some of the other doors what God has opened, that I have not mentioned yet, because I want them to go perfectly.
One makes my heart sing.
One brings me new Joy.

Prayer and faith has brought me to where I am, and it all started for me a time ago, the same way it started for Hye Yun last night.

Wow. I think I like New things.

Isiah 12:2
Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid,
the Lord, the LORD, is my strenth and my song;
He has become my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment