Friday, February 5, 2010

Reoccurring Themes

There's been a reoccurring theme within my posts, if you can't tell.
1. Faith and my struggle with trusting in the Lord and doubting myself.
2. Being distracted by the male race, and trying to find Mr. Perfect, or "The ONE."
3. Trying too hard to be accepted, and caring too much about my appearance.

I'm upset to admit that those are the same things that challenge me today.

I am trying to trust that God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself, and I need to be patient. Once I wait long enough, I'm sure the Lord will show me that I will need to sacrifice my plans for His plans.

I'm still hung up on the idea of not knowing when I may meet "the man of my dreams" and thinking he could be anywhere. My girlfriends tell me that he will find me, and I don't need to be looking, but I can't help being hopeful, and too optimistic.

I've met guys that I think are really great. I mean really really great. They are everything I want. They are men of God, respect women, have big dreams, talent, ethics and morals, determination, and funny. They are so much more than those things, but I'll try to keep it short. They are not MY someone, but they are someone's someone. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, but I guess it reassures me that there really are some great guys left out there girls. I just haven't found MINE yet. At least, I don't know it yet.

Lastly, I still find myself primping every morning...for no reason other than to look my best "just in case" I meet "THE ONE" today. Because, afterall you never know right?

It's all silly, and it all occupies my mind. They are my distractions. They keep me from being the Confident-trusting-forviging-respectable-down-to-earth woman I want to be.

I will be.

The meaning of the title of this blog "Wrapped Up" is exactly what I want to be.

A woman so wrapped up in God that people have to see Him first to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment