Friday, November 20, 2009

Eyes Wide Open

Sometimes friends are the greatest teachers.
I think I've had enough to learn quadrouple,
If only I'd listened, been humble,
Examined everything they had to say.
Had I sought out more opportunities to grow,
I'd be huge in an awesome way.
The first step is realizing the chances before me.
My eyes were too blind to see.
My head was so buried in a school book
I forgot to stop and take a look.

The second step is seeking You,
With all I have, with all I do.
There's a reason why "Listen" and "Silent" share exact letters
They go hand in hand, always together.
My lips are sealed, you have the key,
When I listen give it back to me
I'll speak your word, I'll say your name,
I'll be your hands, You'd do the same.
With eyes wide open, pour on me Your Love,
So I can fly on wings of a dove
To Heaven, and back
To stay on track
As I focus on you,
In all that I do.

The Third step will deliver me
Effortless eloquency
A habit, unwavering
Second nature, unshaking.
Prayer, Praise
Living your ways.
Helping others,
Selflessly.

I think too much, but not enough
I know what I want, but have no clue
I know what I want the future to hold,
Yet I have no control.
God is my driver, my refuge, my sight
He's the only one in darkness makes light

With eyes wide open, and ears unmarred
I will Listen and wait for You
In every story, it's You I'll seek
Help me to bring you Glory.

Teach me.
Protect me.
Guide me.
Use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment